Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Edibles: Getting Baked, While Baking

After my successful experience a few weeks ago with my first edible, a gift of Peanut CannaButter Cookies from a friend, I strongly expressed to Sensei that I had to do that again! So we planned for a couple weeks and saved our money. Then Sensei made the purchase of a full Ounce which we went halfsies on so we could bake. Sensei choose to make the butter, already having had experience with it. I was given the Cannabutter and baked cookies at my place the following day. We each choose a recipe for me to bake and split. This is what happened that day.

The Cannabutter was made by Sensei, and from the description it was done differently this time compared to the other times Sensei made it. This time the Crock-pot method was employed, for 24 hrs. I found out from Sensei that the finished product turned out stronger than the usual stove top method. Of course, why Sensei had to change things to make them more potent when this was my first bake I’m not sure, but whatev’s. I can limit my intake knowing it is stronger.

The first thing I did when I got home was scrap a very small amount off the top of the Cannabutter and stir it into my coffee. Then I discovered I misjudged how many chocolate chips I had and ended up running to the store for a big bag. While out I noticed the butter was starting to take effect as I began to feel a slight warming in my abdomen. I recalled this feeling from the first time. It was a light effect given how little I had ingested, it just made me feel a slight euphoria. I was nervous that I was out when I started to feel it, but I was able to drive home to begin the baking process again without any trouble.

Sensei choose the first recipe for The Best Cannabis Chocolate-Chip Cookies found on EMarijuanaRecipes.com. I have to say, the butter mixture stank really strong so incense was burned to counter the smell. Thank you Sensei for making the butter at your place! Baking with Cannabutter I learned that one should always use glass, or metal baking implements so as not to have wood or plastic infused with the smell. So glad I read and heeded that information before taking on this endeavour. 

The Cannabutter melted very easily with very little heat, and mixed well with the two sugars and eggs. The dry ingredients were added to the wet, then the add ins. We choose to use both Chocolate chips and Nuts. I had on hand Pecans, so used them. Once the raw dough was made I found there to be a lot of chocolate chips. So many that at times I had to remove a chip or two for them to remain formed into balls. In order to keep a consistency in the size of the finished product I used a small scoop to pick up the dough. I hand roll them nice and round and baked an even amount to be able to divide them evenly. I was able to get 80 chocolate chip cookies from one cup of Cannabutter. 




I wanted to try them but could not until my oldest Son left the house, which I discovered he needed to at 1:15pm to catch a bus. The second he left I ate two cookies. Ten minutes later my son returned needing a ride as the bus had been missed! I was still ok enough to drive, so I did, without feeling any effects before I was home. 


As a side note, my son did wonder what the heck I was making when he got up. Dark green butter with a smell like that will tip anyone off, and there’s no way of hiding what it is. So I admitted that I was making pot cookies for a friend who offered to pay me to do it. I commented how baking and taking this friend cookies over the last few months had paid off and allowed me to do this for them. ‘Oh, and Mom could get arrested for this, so don’t say anything’….I’m hoping he bought it. (2 1/2 months later, I have told my son I'm legal and eventually found out he had no idea I was using at this point-whew!)

Back to my baking. By 2:24pm I was GONE! I had kids scheduled to arrive home from school in about an hour and I still had to finish making the second batch of cookies. These ones I was told to pick. So I found an Cannabis Compost Oatmeal Cookie recipe from Good and Baked website. Given that I was good and baked myself by this time I found the recipe hard to follow. It was not layed out in step by step instructions. I somehow managed to focus enough for short periods of time that I was able to finish mixing this batch. No pictures this time though. The add ins I used were Raisins, Cranberries, Cinnamon and Nutmeg. I don't know how they taste yet. So we shall see if I made a good stoned decision. It was torture baking them. I was feeling slightly paranoid and wanted to go to my room, but I was stuck making the last of the cookies and cleaning up after myself so none of my hungry children would come in from school and eat any not realizing what they were! So I stuck it out and waited 16 minutes as each batch cooked. This type of cookie was bigger due to the fact that they are made of lumpy oats, so we only got a total of 32 cookies out of this half pound. They sure look good though.

To describe my state after eating the two cookies I would have to say more stoned then I’ve ever been so far. While making and waiting for the last of the cookies to bake I was hippy dancing in the kitchen. I don’t know how else to describe it. If you see any of the old clips from the original Woodstock and see the girls dancing in long flowing skirts, headbands, and sunglasses….that was pretty much me. Nothing but the music existed in those moments, and minutes between oven and cookie change overs. AS soon as I finished washing up and bagging the cookies to hide in my room until I could count again and split them up I was next in my room hiding from my family. I was present, and then I was somewhere else, then here again, then elsewhere. I was able to communicate with people again 6 hours after the edibles took effect. But the half life of the stuff was still present. I was extremely relaxed for much of the night. I slept wonderfully! Didn’t wake up once, an unusual thing for me. This morning I no longer feel the half life but I do feel more laid back than usual and still more apt to dance to music. I did nothing in a rush today. 

I asked Sensei about the strength and taste of the cookies, given they have way more experience with edibles than I do. I was congratulated. The cookies tasted very good I was told, and the weed butter taste is minimal given how strong they are. Four cookies made Sensei’s eyes completely red and gave a very strong body high. This coming from someone who has had five years experience with Cannabis! I think the crock-pot method will be the method of choice from now on!
Then Sensei says, ‘if i didn’t have to go back to work tonight, i would eat a couple more and watch a movie. You can get to a certain high on edibles where it becomes psychedelic.’ 

this is NOT the real Sensei

Well! There’s another bucket list item! I’ll have to try that another day, when I don’t have to work for a couple days. 


No comments:

Post a Comment