Monday, May 04, 2015

Back to the Middle of the Journey

Let’s see! Where was I?


I was kind of in awe, and then in panic mode way back! I’ve had to actually check my calendars and previous notes just to jog my memory. By the looks of things my Dr. appointment was on Thursday March 19th. Four days later I received the confirmation email from MeReLeaf that I was approved and my account was set up to be able to purchase my first order. I was starting to panic that I would not have my first order before I left for a medical procedure for one of my kids in another Province. And since I would be flying I wouldn’t be taking any of my street stash.

I contacted my Cannabis Councillor at MFT and headed in to meet with him by the next day. A quick side story, I met another newbie there that afternoon in the Vape Room. She was only a few months in, and was there to take advantage of the use of the Volcano Vaporizer that is part of the membership with MFT. In good stoner fashion she offered me a hit off her Vape bag. She (unfortunately) uses a different company with different strains available. This was my first real hit from a medical strain. And the first Sativa I’ve actually tried. Holy Hanna! as they say here! I felt nothing in the body or even a tingle in the head. But there was a point in time when I slowly just felt great. A type of euphoria I guess. I have never felt anything better than that feeling! It lasted at least six hours. Way longer than a typical hit or rip. The effects from inhaling cannabis usually lasts about an hour to maybe two. I’m attributing the long lasting effects to that fact that it was a Sativa, and my first hit of one. My body was just highly reactive to it, sort of like how it over reacted to the time I smoked my first joint. 

My cannabis councillor and I talked about my trip and how to pack my order for the flight. Recently he and the Founder, Fabian had been to our local airport and pretty much taught Air Canada about how to handle medical marijuana when patients travel. We checked out demo models of the vapes from a local Vape Store to get a sense of them. We also went over the strains available to me, which he thought would be good strains to try first time around, and how much I should order. Which, at the time I thought he was crazy that I would need to order 15grams right off the bat! MedReLeaf sells in 5g increments, so I couldn't actually order less. But 15g’s seemed like SO much! Once I finally got into smoking a joint I only used at most 4g in a whole month! Of course, that didn't count that fact that I had been eating herbal cookies for the last month, which would be equivalent to another 20g.


I headed back home as happy as could be with this Super Silver Haze leading the way (I am currently on a mission to see if I can find a strain similar through MedReLeaf). As soon as I could I messaged my Sensei to see if I could get some moral support and physical participation in going to the Vape Shop to pick out and purchase my Vape. I get very nervous going new places on my own, especially when I’m already feeling out of my element with this whole new lifestyle change! Basically, I needed someone I didn’t have to explain everything to, but who knew the technology and would be able to ask questions, or at least keep me focused on the need rather than the want. I was very happy Sensei was willing and available. We set a time for the weekend and my next mission was to place my order.

I navigated the website with a lack of confidence. This was a big purchase and I was nervous! I was pretty much told what to order and how much to get, so I just did that. Put in my credit card info and my order was made! Then came the small surprise. I received an email notification at every step of the shipment. Order received. Order processed. Order shipped, here’s the tracking number…should arrive…Your order was received and signed for. Literally five minutes after it arrived I had that email. 

My order arrived by Canada Post. Hand delivered and had to be signed for by an adult. I was the happy recipient that day. It actually arrived a day earlier then suggested. Ordered Friday, received Tuesday. Pretty stinkin’ fast if you ask me! It was in a nondescript brown box, with red tape. No return address to give away what the contents might be. 



Back up a minute! I bought the Vape between ordering and receiving. I arrived with Sensei at the very spacious, clean store and Sensei directed me to the small glass cabinet off by itself that contained all the dry herb Vaporizers. They had three options of portables in stock, which made the choice easier. Cuz of course, I wanted the best one that was nearly $500, but that was the one they were sold out of at the time. So I choose the Pax. There are two on the market. I have the Original Pax in purple. It’s very streamlined. Easy to fill, clean out, and use. Sensei reminded me my biggest concern was that it be discreet. and the Pax is! 

I love it and have no complaints. I have a warning though. Don’t carry it in a shallow pocket. If it slips out onto the floor you will lose all the contents and that is both embarrassingly NOT discreet, and could possibly do damage to the rechargeable battery inside. Or you could lose the bottom to the oven chamber. Then, you’d have to order a second before you could use it again. That would set me back to smelly Joints so I’m very thankful I have not lost it yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment