Friday, May 01, 2015

A Short But True Story

Hello Lovelies! I have missed posting to my blog over this last month. I hardly feel Newbie-ish enough anymore to feel comfortable with my blog name now. I obviously wasn’t thinking ahead at all when I choose that name. 

Well, here’s a first. Writing a blog post buzzed and on the way to baked. I’m telling you, short sighted!

So quickly, I apologize for being off here for so long. Had an extended hospital trip pre-planned for a surgery for one of my children, so we were away and distracted for 20 days this month. She’s alright and recovering fine. Just trying to manage pain and lack of energy while healing. And I won't get started on my rant about pain meds here! I need to be fully devoted for a day to be able to hash out that topic. Tonight I planned on leaving you with a few funny stories that happened in the last few weeks. 



The night view from hotel.
While away in Montreal for this hospital trip the Shriners from our home city booked and paid for our hotel (as well as the flight there and back. Support your local Shriners club! They do Great work!). Everything was walking distance! I loved living there the better part of a month. Once my daughter had surgery she was admitted and I remained in the hotel since that is also where she would be discharged too for a few days until the first doctor appointment…too much detail….sorry. So I would sleep at the hotel and walk all of two and a half blocks back and forth to the hospital each day. To finish setting up the scene, the side street I walked for two blocks crossed over a very main street in Montreal. And by main I mean full of people day and night. Many business men and women, and lots of poor hung around there too, pan handlers and street people even. A bit sad, and yet I loved every face, language and nuance that my senses could take in. I would watch people as I walked behind or past them. To see their clothing styles and which language they were speaking (many english as there is an english college close by).

One very warm evening I left the hospital around 10:30pm and headed back to the hotel. Every time I got off the hospital property I would pull out my Pax Vape (Ah! I have to tell that storey!) and take a few inhalations from my medical marijuana. Which sounds cool, but walking and holding your breath isn’t easy, but it got easier. This evening I did the same thing. I approached the main intersection and had to wait for the walk signal. I had been holding my breath, and as I halted I exhaled slowly only to look around and see four walking police men and women just coming up behind me at the same crossing point where I was standing and exhaling marijauna vapour! There was nothing I could do except act natural, which was surprisingly easy to do. 

The light seemed to take forever to change, but the longer I waited the more I noticed nothing happening. IF they noticed the smell they may not have known who it had come from. It’s a common smell on that street specifically. But I really wasn’t worried about it. Which got me thinking later how completely unafraid I am of being noticed vaping it by police. I had my prescription bottle on me and my MMJ card also. And frankly, who dry herb vapes marijuana recreationally? I bet absolutely no body! Act naturally and no one notices. Act awkward, or shifty and someone will notice! 

Which reminds me of another short story from my trip. While with my daughter before she was admitted we had the privilege of hanging out together in a big, busy, noisy, city full of LOTS of shopping and amazing restaurants. One afternoon after a full day of walking and shopping we stopped into the Starbucks around the corner from our hotel to refuel me. I needed caffeine, and my poor feet needed bandaids! We sat for a glorious half hour. Long enough for me to discover my herb was well used and ready to be refilled with fresh. I didn’t want to wait to hobble back to the hotel so I dumped the two thimble sized amount of cooked herb out of the little oven compartment and into the garbage hole at the milk and lid counter. I returned to my seat and when my daughter excused herself I took out my MedReLeaf plastic prescription bottle, scooped out already ground herb with the larger end of the green splash stick (my tool of choice actually). Right there in a packed Starbucks, at a window table I gently packed the little oven and attached the lid/bottom, then put everything away. If anyone noticed me I’m sure it looked like nothing more than someone packing tobacco or just a lady with a medicine bottle. I had it all done and away before my daughter returned to the table. 

So apparently I have no fear at all of being seen. In fact! This 20 days away in another city was very liberating! I could walk around the streets, with my daughter, and vape in public. No one I know was there to see me. I had legal permission to have marijuana on me, and use it. Maybe I am innocent enough to think I’m safe from police harassment, and that gives me false security. Don’t know. But until I experience anything different, I’m walking tall, and proud and free to use where ever I am (except the kids school grounds….I’ll refrain there!). Cuz I am just one in a new breed of women on the rise; and I will be an honest, and outspoken advocate for medical marijuana use. 

Obviously I’ve got lots to still fill ya’s all in about. So keep watch here. Or subscribe to get updates of when I post and then you won’t miss out on any of this weird and wonderfully happy new journey I have embarked on. 


Sleep Sweet! I know I will…

No comments:

Post a Comment