Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Successful Surgery

I'm happy to report I managed to follow the rules this time and successfully encountered surgery as an
adult.
 A very strange experience being put under and waking. I remember details of both very clearly which I didn't expect. After the Dr. had the I.V. expertly inserted he said, "some patients say this is painful going in". I joked, " Oh, how fun!" Then the searing pain started to eat its way up my arm. I gasped, I held my breath. I arched my back and tried to hold back the words that were slipping past my lips, "HoooollllyyyFFffffff"  I was out. Mid swear. Proud moment.
The best description I can come up with of waking up after surgery is to describe it in opposite. It was like drowning in reverse. Like bubbles of reality were trying to break through the blackness. I distinctly remember colour filled bubbles of reality push in, grow bigger, absorb another bubble and then burst letting blackness dominate for just a second, until reality finally took over and the blackness was gone. The surge of noise and light and activity was disorienting. Slowly, or it felt slow, I was able to discern what was going on around me. I suppose, since I was dressed and out of there within a half hour of waking it wasn't very slow at all.

My knee? Oh ya.
Dr. Haene had to remove some floating cartilage that had been busy chewing up the remaining cartilage for the last ten months. There was more damage than we hoped, so I'm off work for four weeks to recover. I'm disappointed I can't be there, but I've got doctors orders. And pain...I've got pain that reminds me to sit. And I'm listening.

Speaking of pain and medicating. I didn't fill the Dr.s prescription for the Tylenol 3. I did take a Naproxen for a couple days. I'm using my usual oil caps. My CBD is 20mg twice a day and my day caps are 15mg each of Gods Green, I take 2. And my night time ones are 17mg each of an Indica, I take 2. I have noticed though that the amount of cannabis I need to consume has gone up since my surgery. I now have personal insight into maybe why some of my clients come in with the complaint that they don't feel anything from their edibles. Because its going to the places we need the healing perhaps? Like heat seeking missiles, and the brain just doesn't feel it to the same degree. That's my working
theory anyway.  Lastly, as these three little holes in my knee heal I'll be able to apply my cannabis coconut oil topically again. That should help speed healing as well.

So, I'm around. You might catch me in the store as a customer from time to time until my return to work. Thanks for checking in on me. Feel free to say hello on Facebook too.

No comments:

Post a Comment