Saturday, May 07, 2016

Strain Review: Flower from HBB Medical Inc.

Fredericton has its first Medical Marijuana Dispensary!


Welcome to the neighbourhood HBB Medical Inc.! I will do a post later introducing you all to a dream come true! I literally didn't think this would happen for years, yet here we are. Opened April 2016 and I've been in and am doing my first review. More on them later.






Purchase Date: May 5, 2016

Strain: Champagne 
CBD/Sativa   1g
Cost $10
CBD 8%
THC 6%












Look of Bud: The nug looks dense and full and well trimmed. Lovely mix of dark and mid greens with long orange hairs. Tricomes are visible creating a medium amount of frost. 

Smell of Bud: Scent is fruity and sweet, reminiscent of Sweet Island Skunk. Slight pungent hint of skunk with an earthy undertone. 

Handling of Bud: Upon removing the flower from the plastic packaging I immediately noticed the bud still contained moisture. I was disappointed in its lack of proper curing. The bud did not grind well in my hand grinder because of this. It also took way more fire than fully cured bud needs to light. Next morning the bud I had left in the grinder was properly dried and easier to burn. 




Burn and Effect: When smoked from a bong it gave a good white smoke and produced white ash.
It has a slight floral and earthy taste. After 2 min I felt a slight buzz, 4 minutes a medium head high. At 8 minutes I was at full effect which is a nice head tingling relaxed contentment. I feel happy to sit here writing my review, or moving indoors cuz the wind is picking up. The low THC of 6% is deceiving though. The relaxed energy I have is perfect for having a conversation with the Bell Fibre Op lady at the door, or getting creative with what I’m going to do in my next art class (or what to say for the next sentence). Music is standing out more to me than it does with some other strains. This is the perfect strain for me for when I want to dance around to loud music while cleaning the house. Or getting physically active like working out or going for a run. 
When vaped the taste is distinctively pine and lemon with a slight skunky, earthy undertone. I found the taste rather pleasant. The effect time is about the same vaping as it is smoking. Length of time the effects lasted was longer than I expected. I noticed a slight brain tingle even 3 hours after I had smoked a bowl around 5:30pm last evening.

Grade: 
My grade scale will be out of five. A point per category listed above with 0, .5, 1 as possible scores.

I give Champagne from HBB Medical Inc. a  3/5 
Look: 1 
Smell: 0.5
Handling: 0 *not fully cured
Burn: 0.5
Effect: 1



I’d like to note that there is a risk of mold growing in the bud if moisture is left in it and then packaged. Check your package before you make your purchase, as long as there is no mold evident it is possible to complete the curing process yourself at home. Simply pop your purchased buds into a brown paper bag and let sit in a cool DRY place for a day or two. 

Last thoughts: I’m pleasantly enjoying Champagne by HBB. I will purchase it again as it is a great choice for my day use cuz it makes me happy and productive. It was also a decent cost at $10 per gram. I would recommend this strain, with the note to be aware of moisture on this current batch.

Check out my second Strain Review Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment