Saturday, January 09, 2016

Current Dilemma

How do I begin to do what I am about to do!?

I’m about to have to discuss openly all the particulars of how and why I medicate with Cannabis. FACE to FACE! With people in the medical community!! Holy Shit!!

Everything new, all at once. Why not?

Let me set the scene so you too can speak expletives, or not.

I’m in Montreal with my 13 year old daughter. She is scheduled for surgery this coming Monday, and a second the following Monday. They are correcting scoliosis, so it’s a big deal that they are doing stuff to her spine. Creeps me out! But this is not something that a medicine can correct.

At first I assumed that while she was in hospital I would still be sleeping in the hotel. I discovered hours before the flight that I would be staying in the hospital room with my daughter after surgery. The ideal situation for any loving parent who wants to care for a recovering child. Except when that parent uses medical marijuana all day. 


  1. Its a Children's Hospital 
  2. I’m not the patient who has a right to my prescribed meds
  3. I’m with a minor.
  4. The hospital has strict rules about how and where medicines are stored….even for the attending parent  i.e. Behind a locked door, even the parents meds, locked up and doled out. So…ya! 

Can you imagine!?! Suddenly not having freedom of access to your own marijuana?

ha..ha..

…oh!   :(

Sounds a little like the Drug War, Hopefully its not what will happen as the Liberals work out the details of legalization. It’s certainly what would happen if Big Pharma got ahold of cannabis! Yikes!!

Well, my current reality, apart from being a concerned Mom with her daughter set for two major surgeries a week apart, is dealing with a partial restriction on my access and use of my medicine. It’s a big stressor for sure. Without properly medicating I can certainly go back to pharma for pain meds. But the anxiety and depression would worsen. And the restless leg stupid thing I get has already returned, because I’m under medicating already. Just not being at home effects my ability to medicate properly. 

ADD on top of all those unknowns and stressors the fact that I’m going to have to be open and transparent with these medical professionals, and possibly even other parents is kinda scary! I've been hiding for a year after all. Behind Newbie, behind my barn, behind my fear. So, now I'm kind of being forced by circumstances to start being open. It's very uncomfortable. But I also see it is very necessary. 

I so want to be a good witness, and reliable voice in this community! I want to be able to say I helped, I made a difference in the war on drugs (hehe). 

Maybe I’m ready for this. Maybe I’m not. I have been trying to learning as much as I could, but I realize I know so very little. I want to learn so VERY MUCH more!! (Gotta get to Prohibition for some heavy reading material while I’m here) But I do know more than someone whose never encountered a medical marijuana user before. So, I will be many peoples first example of one over the next few weeks. I will probably be spoken about for a long time too. I might be just a nobody most days, months, or years, but this is a chance in a lifetime to be a world shaker.

But no pressure!

Purchased for discreet use while at hospital. Thanks Prohibition!

Come follow me on Facebook. Get blog updates, and extras as I post pics and status daily. Especially when interesting stuff like this goes on. 

Let me know how you like my blog. Comment below and invite you're friends to join me on my second year as a newbie.




1 comment:

  1. Will be sending you positive, uplifting vibes to get you through the possible negatives you encounter. Also keeping your daughter in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete